Velleman K4040 - Stereo Valve Amplifier (Chrome) Electronic Kit
You might also like . . .
Velleman K4040 Electronic Kit ( Soldering Required)
Ability Level 5 : Professional
For most of us, a high power valve audio amplifier was an unaffordable luxury. The Velleman K4040 Chrome Stereo Valve Amplifier SELF-ASSEMBLY electronic kit changes that, so now everybody can enjoy that sublime "valve sound". For many audiophiles, the rich, warm sound created by vacuum tube valves cannot be surpassed, either by transistors or FETs.
In the development process, special attention was paid to the housing so that the expensive valves are displayed in a visually attractive manner. The chrome version features a reflective cover plate to further enhance the visual effect.
The most vulnerable parts in a valve amplifier are the output transformers; that's why we use ultra-linear and overrated output transformers (toroidal) to guarantee a rich bass response.
To extend the life of the precious valves, the amplifier has a switch-on delay so the high voltage is only switched on once the valves have warmed up.
As Velleman UK Main Dealer we can provide full support for your purchase if required including replacement parts if you should need them.Features
- pure valve sound with high-quality EL34 valves
- high-quality chrome and black housing
- chrome cover plate and valve socket covers
- easy bias adjustment with LED indication
- removable bottom for easy access and service
- high-quality capacitors and components
- gold-plated input and speaker terminals
- standby function
- "soft-start" circuit for power transformer
Buy Velleman K4040 Stereo Valve Amplifier Kit (Chrome)
- output power: 2 x 90Wrms music power for loads of 4 or 8 ohm
- power bandwidth: 15Hz - 40kHz (-3dB ref. 50W)
- frequency range: 8Hz - 80kHz (-3dB ref. 1W)
- harmonic distortion: 0.08% (1kHz / 1W) / 0.7% (1kHz / 90W)
- signal-to-noise ratio: > 105dB (A-weighted ref. 90W)
- channel separation: > 75dB (ref. 90W)
- input impedance: 34Kohm
- input sensitivity: 1Vrms at 95W
- damping factor: > 10 (100Hz)
- power: 115VAC or 230VAC / 500VA max.
- weight: 17Kg
- dimensions: 425 x 130 x 350mm (16.7" x 5.1" x 13.8")
- Product format: SELF-ASSEMBLY electronic kit (KT Product Formats Info)
- K4040 Illustrated Assembly Manual, English
- K4040 Assembly Manual (EU)